My Current Project is a 1 1/2 hp Rawleigh Engine.
As far as I know, Company records were destroyed
so there is no way to get an exact age of this engine.
It is known however, that Rawleigh started building engines
during 1916 and then the factory burned to the ground about 1917.
When I found this engine, it was completely disassembled
but relatively complete. Parts necessary for the restoration
included an ignitor, gas tank, various springs and new pins
for the pushrod. The second picture to the left is a scan of
this engine as seen in an original 1917 Rawleigh Almanac.
I have tried the best I could to match this engine's original paint scheme.