When the model N gave way to the NB, so too did
the model K. Debuted in late 1923 under the new designation of KA, these
engines were the first to have a magneto as standard equipment. Later on
in 1924 the Wico EK and sparkplug was made available and the ignitor
remained available as a special order item. The KA featured a much
wider flywheel rim that was crowned for use as a belt pulley. Many
also dispensed with the dash pot when the fuel filler was relocated. The KA was available in the same sizes as the
K however, by 1928 the 9 and 12 hp engines were not listed in catalogs.