The Cotton Gin is the focal point of our annual show. It is a fully restored working 1900 Continental Eagle gin housed in a two story building with engine room attached. This view is from the engine room side. The gin was originally purchased by an enterprising black physician named J.W. Gains. He and his family of 19 children owned and operated a farm near Crawfordville, GA. The engine room houses the 1920 Fairbanks Morse 37.5 HP  2 stroke upright diesel donated by G.W. Wilson. It must be started on compressed air and then switched to fuel. This project has been realized by the generous contributions of the H C Lankford family and the tireless restoration efforts of club members.

ginning1.jpg (91957 bytes)

ginengine.jpg (95415 bytes)

home_anm.gif (20220 bytes)